Wednesday, June 27, 2007
It was a bad day
So it started at 6:30. Andy woke up to eat. After eating he went back to sleep but it was too late for me to do the same. At 7:40 3 extra children arrived for me to care for. Gabi needed to be picked up from Jumpstart Kindergarten Camp at 10:30. Being a good mother and sitter I rounded up 4 kids at 10:00 and told them shoes on go to the car. I carried all of our swimming gear out to the car so we could go straight to the pool. Came back in to get Andy out of his crib (sleeping)and found Evan covered from mouth to toes in bright red Kool aid. Quickly cleaned him up, carried his clothes down to the wash, and came back to get Andy. Found Evan not putting his flip flops on cause "they're Sticky". Drag him to the car where I have to buckle him because he didn't get the seat he wanted. In a huff jump in and drive away. Its now 10:30 so I am late for Gabi. At the end of my street realize I FORGOT MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't uturn so go way over the speed limit to go around the block and home. Risking both speeding ticket and child endangerment. "Sorry officer I left my baby home alone." Run in to Andy's room where a sleepy baby looks lovingly at his mommy and smiles. Grab him, put him in his seat and the other 4 kids say collectively "we forgot Andy" Yes children thanks for telling me about the empty seat. Get Gabi, apologize to teachers, and discover I forgot her swim suit. Rush home because the pool opens at 11 and if you don't get there fast you don't get an umbrella. Find the dog has completely covered the kitchen with the trash I left out. At this point I had a good cry. And then went on with my day. After all it was still only 11.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment