Owen is the boy in the upper right hand corner with the green striped shirt. Gabi came home the second day of school saying she was going to marry Owen because he is her love. We subsequently had a long talk about the fact that she will not marry until she is a grown up. And LOVE is for grown ups and family only. We told her that she could LIKE Owen and they could be friends. Well, she continued to make pictures for Owen every night telling us she knows she can only like him but she still wants to make special things for him. About a month went by and then this conversation happened:
"Mommy I know I am not supposed to. But I know who I want to marry. And...it's just... Owen...I just... I just can't resist his love!"
Any advice out there on how to tone down your daughter's first love?
No comments:
Post a Comment