Monday, November 16, 2009

Can you tell its time for progress reports?

I have been absent from my blog because I am swamped with work. The holiday season is always busy, but I also have conferences coming up.

The kids finished up their fall sports. Evan had his last flag football game. He had not managed to capture a flag on defense yet this year. We promised him we would take him to the video game store to spend his money if he got a flag. Of course he got one in the first half of the game. He was so excited. (More about the game store than the flag though I think). He received a medal after the game. I thought he would be upset it wasn't a trophy, but he was thrilled. He asked me if it was real gold, and good mother that I am I lied and said Yes. He then called his grandparents and told them he got a medal and it was Real Gold!!!




Gabi had her last cheering event. The tackle football program she cheers for has too many kids per age group. So they split the kids into 4 teams: JV blue and Gold and varsity blue and Gold. The last day of the season the Blue teams play the Gold teams. We cheered for varsity Gold all year. It was fun to watch these 8 year olds play so well and be so invested in these football teams. The star player on Gold was tiny #2. He was very good and very fast and tackled kids twice his size and scored touchdowns seemingly at will. Well, unfortunately he broke his collar bone in the first offensive play of the game. So Gold put up a good fight without him, but lost 8-6. Gabi cheered really well. Even learning a few new cheers at the last second because they were cheering combined with the Blue Squad. I don't know if she will cheer again, but I think this was her most successful sports season yet. The Chik-Fil-A cow showed up and even went out and cheered with the girls. Of course the girls made him do the shake your bootie cheer!


No comments: