Friday, May 18, 2012

Spring time School stuff

We are still adjusting to the new school.  Trying to catch up with new routines and programs and projects.  Gabi participated in her first Variety Show.  At the end of every year the Home and School put on a show.  Each grade does a dance number. This is not a required activity and the kids practice after school onece a week from January to April. Gabi of course loves being on stage and jumped right in when she started school in February.  Fourth grade danced to a We Are The Champions medley and participated in the finale dancing to Apache.  The fifth grade does a flashlight dance every year.  This was REALLY neat and they did a fantastic job.

Evan had his first big school project.  He had to interview a grandparent.  Write up a paper based on the interview and then make a 3D portrait of the grandparent.  He chose Pops.  He was fascinated by the questions and answers about his childhood. 





Andy registered for kindergarten next year.  I have no idea what I am doing for childcare with this.  I hate that kindergarten is less time in school than preschool where I work.  But for the third time we will figure it out somehow.  He is THRILLED to be getting ready for big school. 

No comments: