Tuesday, November 27, 2012

We're Back



So I haven't written in a long time.  I think I started to think of this as an adoption blog.  And our adoption journey has not gone very smoothly.  In fact pretty much every problem, issue, conflict that is possible has come up.  We have had a lost daughter, an already claimed daughter, hospitalized daughter, daughter who passed away.  We have had country slow downs, agency changes, lost dossier, USCIS paperwork screw ups, 4 home study updates, finger prints expired.  And now...

We accepted a referral through an organization called Wren's Song.  We are really excited to be working with a group that we know to be completely honest and diligent.  This is not an adoption agency however.  This organization helps us to complete an independent adoption.  Our newest daughter is three years old.  She is a spunky little spit fire according to all accounts of those who have met her and it definitely shows in the photos we have of her.

And...

There is threat of war in DRC.  Militant groups have taken over cities on the eastern border.  These groups claim to have plans to take over the capital and then the country.  Most believe these ideas to be false.  That they would never make it all the way across the country.  I don't know what could happen.  All I know is 5 MILLION people died the last time this militant group rebelled.  Even more families were displaced.  Children were left without parents.  Families were left without children.  Women were raped.  Children were forced to fight and kill.  Villages were destroyed.

I have come to love the people of DRC.  Especially the children of course.  I can call so many of them by name.   I have seen their smiles.  I have seen their tears.  I have seen their scars.  I have seen their needs.  My friends have brought some of them home.  Or have high hopes to bring others home soon.  Friends who have a similar love for people a world away.  Friends I have never met in person but have shared some of my highest highs and lowest lows with.

Our daughter is not living on the eastern border.  However she is also not in the capital.  She is in a remote village in the center of the country.  Closer to the rebellion than I would like her to be.  Also, because she is outside the city, we can't have the contact with her that we would get if she was in Kinshasa.  AND she is not receiving the nutrition we would like.  And it seems as though our case will move more slowly.  So I watch my friends take and receive pictures of each others' children.  And move through court so quickly.  And yet again... We wait.  We wait with anticipation.  And while we wait we will continue to share our story.     We will share our love for the people of DRC.  We will do anything we can to make people aware of the conflict in their country and pray for them daily.

No comments: