Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Post about Evan

So recently we had to go shopping for gear for all the kids for their spring sports. They all needed a few things to get ready for the season. Evan's coach had sent an email that requested the boys wear a cup if they were interested in playing catcher. This particular piece of equipment had been recommended before, but we had not actually bought one. So...it...was...time. And the boy is obsessed. The day we bought it he kept taking it out of the bag and just smiling his embarrassed grin that shows both dimples. But he didn't stop there. He told his Awana class. He told his friends. At baseball practice he kep reminding the coaches he was wearing one so it was OK for him to play catcher. He has asked me why I don't have one. I mean it goes on and on. At first I thought it was really funny. But now I am thinking its time for it to stop. I hope he gets tired of it soon! I am however glad to hear that his friends on his team are also talking about them all the time.

It was career day at Evan's school last week. I don't know if the surgical nurse that talked to his class brought on this conversation or not:
Evan: I am sooooo glad I am a man.
Me: Why?
Evan: Because I don't have to get cut open to have babies. (I had C-sections and so far that is the only way he knows that babies come out) I only have to hear it.
Me: Oh that is where you are wrong. It is the Daddy's job to hold the mommy's hand and be with her the whole time.
Evan: Well men aren't allowed to look at it happening.
Me: Oh yes you are. You will see the whole thing.
Evan: Shy smile and walk away.

No comments: