Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I had the perfect Mother's Day weekend. We spent Saturday morning working together at a community service project. We then divided and conquered the sporting events of the day. Andy scored two goals and Evan had a nice hit over the heads of the infield. Then we went Mother's Day shopping. I got a ceiling fan for my dining room and some new deck chairs. Woo hoo! I must have been good this year. Chad was on the ball and had the fan installed that night.

Sunday morning I was on stage in the children's class and Chad was working in the tech booth for Adult Worship all three services at church so we were up early and did not get home from church until about 1:00. We had a quick lunch and then started working outside. I mowed the lawn, then cut back a couple of trees that were getting out of control then joined Chad working on our ever present problem hillside. We weeded and planted more wild flowers and a few perennial ground cover plants. The kids were really helpful. They planted some flowers and weeded and helped Chad carry the tree limbs away. Except Andy who kept being attacked by nature. Every time we gave him a job the bugs would get him. He finally gave up and went inside. Of course there was time for jumping.






And time for thinking about Hope. It is strange to think that our daughter is most likely already born. That someone is most likely struggling to care for her. While I get fans and chairs, somewhere Hope needs food or medicine. I love her and I hate that beauracracy is keeping us apart. This blog post I read today really got to me. When these children need a Mommy so badly I wish it wasn't so hard. I wish I could just go there and find her and bring her home. I know there has to be rules to keep people from taking advantage and to keep the children safe. I just wish it didn't have to be that way. I read about this young woman and I think I should be doing more...

No comments: