Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tooth Fairy

Gabi will forever look like a big kid now. I don't know if you have noticed, but once children get their two front permanent teeth, their entire face changes. That is what I am now facing with my oldest. I want my cutest little girl to stay around a little longer. Gabi was all excited that her front top tooth was loose ( her third loose tooth). Because at school they have a chart and you get a sticker on it if you lose a tooth. So she wanted to lose it at school. Friday afternoon she was really wiggling that tooth and I reminded her she wanted to lose it at school. She disappeared for about five minutes and when she returned she had a gaping whole in her mouth. When I asked her what happened she said she lost a tooth and she put it in her backpack to take to school. This sticker chart made her completely forget about the tooth fairy. I suggested she write a note to the tooth fairy. So she asked the tooth fairy to please leave the tooth behind and she would leave it under her pillow again after she showed her teacher. I hope you still get a sticker if you lose it at home!!! Speaking of school we are thrilled with how much she learns everyday. She is now making notes at home with money symbols. She can spell several "star words" including "the, is, we, cat, I, a, and dog". She is learning math terms like "Mommy, 2 is lesser than 5". The principle stopped our sitter the other day and asked if Gabi went to preschool. Becky replied that "yes, she did and her mother is also a preschool teacher". The principle said " You can tell. She has excellent communications skills" So we are very proud of her!

Andy has a cold. We gave him a bath in the baby menthol vapor bath. It makes bubbles. He thought this was very funny. Until at one point he tried to use the pile of bubbles to stand up with and he fell through and went under water. Who knew bubbles can't support your weight?



No comments: