I remember when the kids were younger it seemed like everyday they had some funny saying that I would pass on to the family. It is not as common anymore, but the last few days Evan and Gabi have each had some good ones.
1)When Evan was recovering from his illness he awoke from a nap to find the rest of us outside. He wanted to go play Wii and relax on the couch. Which I said was fine because he was still weak. He said, "but then I will be all alone." So I told him that was a choice he had to make, inside on the couch or outside with us. He started inside a little worried, then turned around and said, "Mommy, Jesus is always in your heart. So you are never alone." Then he confidently walked into the house.
2)You know how kids hear new words and they aren't sure if they are good words or bad words. Well Evan came to me this morning and asked if it was OK to say "Holy Nutcrackers!" Suppressing a giggle, I told him that Holy was a word we only use for God, but I didn't have a problem with him saying "Oh Nutcrackers!" So the rest of the day when something didn't go quite his way we could hear "Oh Nutcrackers!"
3)We got the new Mario Kart game for Wii today. (Very fun game) A new feature is after you pick your character, you can choose from several different vehicles for them to drive. So we all sat down to play once Andy was down for a nap. We are all picking our different vehicles and Gabi pipes up "Check out that Sweet Ride". We hold back our laughter and everyone picks a car. Then Gabi pipes up again "Look at Princess Peach's tricked out car." We aren't sure where that came from and it sounded hilarious coming from the mouth of my girly girl princess.
1 comment:
I am bad when it comes to good words and bad words. For instance Chris was really upset he couldn't go to the Flyers game with us. So on days he doesn't have school we have let him stay up and watch some of the game. Well, the fans were screaming "a**hole" during one of the games. Chris asked what they were screaming. I told him and then said "and that is why you are not allowed to go to Flyers games." He accepted it and has not repeated the word again! (Bad Bad Mom!)
Post a Comment