A few weeks ago my friend called and asked if I would like to use her house at the Jersey shore for a week (FOR FREE!!). How incredibly nice of her it was to share with us. Chad couldn't take another week off work, so we started asking his family to go with us. Unfortunately there was a death in the family and they couldn't come. So I started asking friends. One friend said yes and then her son broke his arm at kids camp so we didn't think he would be able to go. So I asked another friend who has two boys almost exactly the same age as Gabi and Evan. She was able to come and we had a blast. The beach was fun with all the kids playing together. 

Andy slept on the beach twice. Very cute, he would come up get his paci and fall asleep quickly and quietly and sleep for over an hour. Third children are so flexible!
He also loved the sand crabs. He would pick them up and giggle.
We also found a great park where the kids played very hard.
Then Chad came on Thursday night for the weekend. We took the kids to the boardwalk for the first time. For those of you not from around here, this is three piers filled with rides. We bought the kids ride passes and they rode from 7:00 until midnight. OOPS there goes my mother of the year award!! Here is the aftermath in the car:
We couldn't believe how much fun they had. It was definitely one of my all time favorite "Mommy moments" watching the amazement/fear/fun filled smiles all night long. Unfortunately we had a camera mixup so we didn't get any pictures of the rides. I thought Chad grabbed it and he got the charged battery thinking I had the camera. There were fireworks at 10:30 and Andy had just fallen asleep in the stroller. If I had the camera I would have taken video to show the noise he slept thru. These were fireworks right next us. The kind that make your body tremble and he didn't even stir! What a fun trip and an awesome gift from a friend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment