Yesterday, I went to the Pottstown Memorial Medical Center for the 5th time in the last 4 months. Every member of my family except for me has needed their ER. And now we add the outpatient surgical center to our knowledge of the place. The waiting wasn't as bad as I expected. I was with Chad most of the time. We were there for 7 hours. One and a half before surgery, one during surgery, one during recovery and 3 and a half back in the post op room. The longest part was waiting for his spinal to wear off so he could stand up on his crutches. Unfortunately I can't help him stand so he had to be ready to completely do it himself (on one leg).
Now begins recovery. I hear it is a long painful process. I feel bad, because I am so busy taking care of the kids, trying to make sure Chad stays off his leg and therefore fetching him the things he needs, and everything else required to run a household that I am exhausted. Because I am so tired, I can't even summon the energy to show my sympathy to him. I just find myself snapping at everyone.
For some insane reason I decided to potty train Andy at 21 months old. Now that he is starting to get it I don't feel like I can stop. But following him around waiting for him to pee (he held it for 6 hours today and 5 hours on thurs) is so stressful I just want to scream. The weather has been beautiful here and I have completely lost my tan because I feel like I can't leave the house and the potty. Today I ventured out after he finally went on the potty and he peed in the library.
I have started Weight watchers online. I figure the more people I tell, the more likely I will be to stick with it. It is very hard right now because I am so tired. Hopefully I will catch up on my sleep the next few days. I am planning on taking the kids for a bike ride tonight. The walking will give me a few extra points to make up for my lunch. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment