Tuesday, August 12, 2008

She Did It!


Gabi has been trying to ride her two wheeler since Evan learned back in June. She was really scared and would cry at the thought of falling. As it is hard to ride and balance when you are sobbing, she was having a hard time. She told Nanni she would do it when she was ready. The Friday before my birthday I went out with a friend and the dads stayed home and watched the kids. Chad said that Gabi actually pedaled a little on the hill. Well then Chad's injury happened so I didn't get to take her out for about a week. Saturday night I took the kids for a bike ride and she did it. On the way to the park she was able to pedal for very short distances. Then at the park little by little she gained confidence and by the time we left she was circling the parking lot. She rode all the way home. Monday we took our bikes to a friends house. They live on a cul-de-sac and have a great place to ride. Gabi was so excited with her new freedom she just rode her bike the whole time we played outside! I am so proud of her for conquering her fears!




Potty Update: When we are at home Andy is naked from the waist down. He has been doing great. He likes to pee in the big boy potty standing up. (We didn't let Evan stand til he was 3). He is gaining more confidence and now goes without me. Problem being he doesn't get it all in the potty by himself. The BIGGER PROBLEM the last two nights while I was doing dishes he went in to stand and pee and stood to poop as well. He just doesn't like to sit. HELP!

No comments: