Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Egg Massacre

Our church had its annual Easter Eggstravaganza on Saturday. The church was decorated like Candy Land and all of the classrooms were a theme from the places on the board. They had crafts and games and face painting and a petting zoo and moon bounces and food vendors and of course the egg hunt. We arrived and walked around inside and played the games. Then I needed to work at our Preschool info table. Chad did not feel like trying to control all three kids (or really Andy) in the big crowd. So they took their popcorn and watched a movie in the van while they waited for me. We then went to the egg hunting field. The field was divided into 3 age groups and they held hunts every 15 minutes for all 3 groups. Because we ended up going to one of the later hunts the field was not very crowded. Gabi and Evan lined up in the middle division. Daddy and Andy lined up with the youngest kids. I had the camera. Did I mention the wind? 50 mph winds all day made being outside difficult! Poor Andy was freezing while he waited his turn so Daddy had to hold him tight. The temperature was supposed to be in the 50's so I dressed all the kids in light weight jackets. The wind was much colder than that! In the video you can see the big kids take off from the starting line. Evan fell down, and I figured he would get upset and cry, but he fell right near a pile of eggs and just started piling them in his basket. He then got up and kept going. I was proud of him. He and Gabi both filled their baskets. Andy said ready set go and took off for some eggs. He would get a few. Throw his hands up in the air and say "Yes! Ready set go" and then do it again. Too cute for words. The littlest kids had a bunch of eggs left in their field when all their baskets were full and they were done. They all had a great time.
The next morning I was cooking breakfast and all 3 kids were opening eggs around the dining room table. I walked in and plastic eggs shells covered my whole dining room. I yelled "Chad you have to come see. There has been an egg massacre in here!" Gabi said this was their favorite part. Discovering the treasures hidden in their eggs. Nothing fancy, just some erasers, bracelets and a few candies. But they were thrilled.


No comments: