Evan got his cast off on Monday. It went better than I thought it would. He was scared of the loud noise and the saw, but the tech really talked him through it. His arm was in pretty good condition. A little rash in the bend of the elbow but that was about it. Not nearly as skinny or pale as I expected it to be. He can bend it great which he couldn't do before. But he can not straighten it all the way yet. The doctor took xrays to be safe and said everything looks good. The doc said Evan feels resistance when he tries to straighten it and that causes fear. The fear is what is keeping him from it. The doc said no gym or anything for two weeks, and come back in a month if he is having any trouble with it. I decided that he is a little boy and he is not going to do anything in gym or flag football that he wouldn't otherwise do just being a boy. So I didn't send the gym excuse in and I let him play football.
He had his first game (that he could play in) on Thursday night. He only practiced once with no cast before this so he doesn't really know what to do. He of course played defensive line. No big surprise there. But this puny little kid who came up to his chest was blocking him. Evan let him push him backwards every play for the first half. He would push Evan back like 20 yards and Evan would look at me like what do I do. Finally after a couple plays he would get sick of it and pick the kid up and throw him to the ground. Of course this is football so the mommy can't really run out on the field and tell the boy to get tough. (Oh yeah and no body slamming little puny kids!) Chad arrived right before half time and I had to go to work. Chad took him aside at half time and apparently gave him the "mean" get tough Daddy lecture. He says he played great after that. He was pushing boys all over the field. He is not fast enough to grab any flags, but that will come. We have another game tomorrow. Perhaps we will work on pushing through the block this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment