Monday, August 16, 2010

July

I have been really behind on here. Besides all my computer problems, I just have been enjoying the summer with the kids. This year I feel like we have stayed just busy enough. With the neighborhood pool and the nearby spray ground we have been able to hang around home for most of this month without getting bored. Andy really learned how to swim this summer. He of course loved swimming right from the start and was very comfortable wearing his swim vest. By this point in the summer we don't even bring it with us. He can easily swim to the edge of the pool if he jumps in. What is crazy is he loves to go deep under water. He is so light weight that he can't get to the bottom by himself. So he has me pull him to the bottom so he can retrieve pool toys. One day he learned he can go deep by himself if he climbs down the pool ladder to the bottom rung.

Gabi has practiced diving all summer and is doing great. We were invited to a friend's pool and the kids had a blast.

She set up this baby pool just in case anybody needed it. The water inside got really warm and the boys had fun with it.


I love this picture of my Evanator!

They kept all jumping in together. Of course the three year old was in the mix!
This was the first time Andy got to go off a diving board by himself. That is my three year old and I wasn't even in the water. What a crazy little man he is.
Evan is a six year old in a nine year old's body. So he spends his time at the pool trying to hang with the boys who look the same size as him. I overheard one boy he has been hanging with say he is in 8th grade. These boys can all do huge flips and dives off the board. Evan tries hard to keep up and continues to practice his flip.

We were invited to a great birthday party. The boys' friends Cole and Austin had a party at Krazy city. It was a lot of fun. This ride was definitely our family's favorite. Andy was killing me riding it over and over and grinning from ear to ear while screaming like a girl! I didn't see any other kids his size even try it.


Evan finally tried it and the end of the party. Gabi was a willing ride partner with both of her brothers!
Andy tried blacklight bowling. He loved it. This picture isn't very good, but I loved that it captured his "Oh Yeah!" dance!
Evan enjoyed the rock wall but got stuck in this spot every time.
That would be the "And that's how it's done little man"! as Evan crushed his brother in the squirt game.

We visited a new sprayground a couple of times.










We just got back from a great week in NY. I can't wait to post the pictures.

No comments: