Waa Hoo!!!!! We are finished with our home study. We mailed all the finished paperwork off on Friday February 18th. We then met with our social worker at the America World PA office on Monday February 21st and Thursday February 24th. This was about an hour and 15 minutes drive each direction. The social worker then came here for our home visit/inspection on Saturday February 26th. As we were finishing up that meeting she said "as far as I am concerned you are approved! But my report has to go through your case worker for final approval." What an amazing relief! So now we have to wait for her to write her report (about 10 days) and then we will send the completed home study to USCIS for approval. That approval is needed to complete our dossier. We then send that to be certified. After that we will be on the wait list. IF all goes as planned, we should be on the wait list by May!
So last week when I wasn't driving back and forth to Middle of Nowhere, PA, I was busy cleaning and painting my house like a crazy person. I think I went to bed around 2 am every night and was up before 7. Between all that and the end of month stuff I had to get done for work I did not sit down all week. After the home study was over on Saturday I crashed hard. But we still had basketball playoffs to attend to.
Evan's game was first. His team, like Gabi's, was win less on the season. But Saturday they played really well. They almost pulled it out and lost 10-7. Evan played well. He got a couple shots off and one came soooo close, but did not roll the right way for him. He was disappointed that he didn't score, but happy with his trophy!
Then came Gabi's team, which I coach. This game was atrocious. Our girls were just totally outplayed. At half time the score was 20-0 (and this was only the 5th best team out of 12). At this point the other team's coach asked his girls not to try to steal the ball or block shots. Luckily my team didn't notice this. They were able to score 8 points in the second half against this passive defense. Gabi even scored. She was so excited. Of course she had about 10 missed shots, but that didn't matter. All that mattered to her was one went in. I had a 3rd/4th grade team with only two 4th graders. Those two were my only aggressive players. The rest of the team was very timid. As a result they turned the ball over ALOT and never ever went for a rebound. Most of the other teams' points each week came off their third or fourth shot. So after losing every game, I don't know that I will be coaching again.
Then Sunday was a beautiful almost spring day. The sun was shining and the temps were in the 50's. After church we took the kids to a new park and they rode scooters and bikes and played with friends for hours. 
All in all an amazing and exhausting weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment