
Let me start this by saying I am not Irish. Growing up as a kid the only thing I remember about St Patrick's day is trying to not to forget to wear green so nobody would pinch me. For some reason though, years ago as a teacher I started having fun with it. I would tell the children about Lucky the leprechaun. He is a very naughty little tiny man who lives at the end of the rainbow. He is very small and very fast, and if we are lucky we might spot him running nearby around the time of St Patricks' day. Lucky usually shows up at school on St Patrick's day. Many of my students claim to have seen him. He comes into our class while we are out on the playground. He makes a big mess dumping toys every where. He turns our snack and our water green. Then he leaves GOLD (chocolate coins) hiding in the mess he has made. He showed up again this year and the kids loved it!


Not sure why, but until this year Lucky had not visited my kids at home. He showed up this year. He stole their shoes and hid them all over the house. Hanging from ceiling fans and chandeliers. He left behind green milk and green pancakes and he left each kid a pack of green tic tacs. And some Lucky Charms for the boy who only eats cereal for breakfast.


We had a very fun and very green St Patrick's day. I hope you enjoyed yours too!
No comments:
Post a Comment