Tonight was time for the annual elementary school talent show. The kids go to a very small school with no stage. But we make the most of our cafetorium! Beginning the day after the previous talent show Gabi usually starts in with "at the next talent show I am going to sing ..." and changes her mind and adds to her ideas every day for the next year. The week of the talent show she had it down to dancing with a friend from her cheer squad and singing either Firework by Katy Perry or Mine by Taylor Swift. She ended up going with Firework.
This was Evan's first year of wanting to participate. He kept trying to pick cool manly songs to sing. But he doesn't really like to sing and I don't think he could do it in front of a crowd. So Chad and I tried to come up with something else he could do. We found some neat magic tricks and he got into it.
Every year I dread the talent show dress rehearsal. My usual job is running the sound system. Which consists of whatever CD player I can find in my house for the background music and one microphone that is hooked into the speakers in the cafetorium. The kids all come mostly unprepared, super hyper and nervously giddy. But after two hours of torture, most of the wrinkles are ironed out and they are ready for the show. I am always pleasently surprised by most of the acts on the night of the show. Tonight my favorite act was a father/daughter mirror mime performance. It was adorable!
Here is some video of the two most talented children in the show! :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment