Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Closure for Hope

We received word from our agency today.  Hope's story has a happy ending.  She has been reunited with her father.  I am choosing to believe that we played a part in bringing them back together.  I don't know that we will ever know what actually happened.  But I would like to believe that our lawyer's investigation of her orphan status brought her back to her father.

This is the best ending to Hope's story.  I prayed every day that God would protect her and allow her to feel loved.  This was the answer to those prayers.

So she was not meant to be our daughter.  This is a lot easier for an adult to process.  I talked to Andy and tried to explain the best that I could on his level.  Then he went downstairs and told his buddy "Some other family came and TOOK my baby sister!"  So I still have some work to do.  

We will continue on in the process to adopt from Congo.  We now know we won't be bringing a sister home in time for Christmas.  Our journey to our daughter could still be quite long.  And though she may never know it, Hope will always have a family on the other side of the world thinking about her and praying for her.

3 comments:

emily wilson said...

well, this is good news! i am so glad you heard and that she is with her father. we'll keep her on our fridge.....keep us posted with how it goes....

Jenster said...

What great news, Kati. I'm so happy that you know where Hope is and that she's with her father. We'll continue to pray for Hope and for Andy's next baby sister. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Kati. It sounds like Hope's father has had quite a journey of his own. I will continue to keep your family in our prayers. God works in myterious ways. Some day he and I are going to have a conversation about that!