Real Snow! Last Thursday we had real snow for the first time this winter. It was supposed to be snow changing quickly to rain. It turned out to be snow for hours that eventually changed to rain in the middle of the night. So of course we went out to play in it. Gabi and Evan invited Matthew from down the street and they had a great time building a snowman. It was that amazing packing snow where you roll the snow ball along the ground and it picks up everything including the pine needles. So they were able to build their own snowman for the first time. Andy had a great time just walking around and being outside! As we were going out I put the good battery pack in the old camera. Didn't want to take the good camera out in the snow. BUT, the old camera had no memory card in it. So when I got a chance I ran in and grabbed the new camera. BUT, the battery pack in that one was dead. By the time I got a memory card AND batteries in a camera, it was dark and the kids were wet and cold. So this one picture is all I got.
Swimming! The big kids have been begging me to take them swimming. They do not understand how much work it is to:
bundle up 3 kids in winter clothing
pack everything for swimming in bags (takes more than 1 these days)
get to the Y and undress 3 kids
put on suits
keep track of them all in the pool
get out
take showers
get bundled back up into winter clothes
try to get all the wet stuff back in the bags and get home.
SO since Chad had the day off on Monday I enlisted his help and we went to the pool. This was the first time Andy has been since he learned to walk well. We all had a great time. Chad and I worked out first, adding to the necessary packing. Then we all went to the pool. Then we ate lunch in the cafe. I was surprised at how well Gabi and Evan swam after such a long break. Andy actually liked being held in the deep end better than playing in the baby pool. He thought it was very funny to lean backwards and do the back float. I have no pictures of this fun day because I forgot the camera. Refer to above list if you are wondering why.
No comments:
Post a Comment