So last week was more than a little hectic. On top of the 2 trips to the ER, Chad woke up Tuesday morning with his eye swollen shut and covered in poison ivy. So he went for his annual steroid prescription. Then Thursday our house renovations started. The guys were here Thursday putting in the laminate floors in both bathrooms, the kitchen and the dining room. They had saws everywhere and dust and at one point all of the extra flooring and pieces were piled up in my kitchen so I couldn't even open the fridge. So I took the kids and we tried to stay away. They came Friday to finish up the floors and they were supposed to be done by noon at which time the window people were supposed to show up. The window guys came at 10:30 and I guess got in the way of the floor guys and they were all here until about 4:30. The window people replaced 21 windows in about 6 hours. I got home at 1 and there were shards of wood and pieces of plastic and just stuff everywhere you looked. It literally looked like a natural disaster had struck the house. I must've had that look about me because the first thing Chad said to me was "they promise they are going to clean up in the end". Which they did somewhat, but everything in the house was covered with dust. All the blinds and curtains were off the windows. All the contents of my bathroom vanity were in boxes. The contents of a bedroom closet which has a window in it were now all spread out on my bed. The bathroom tub was full of dirt and dust and random pieces of wood. I have since cleaned it every night and still there are new wood splinters in it every time I look. Our carpet is supposed to come in sometime this week and so as soon as we get cleaned up its going to be destroyed again. Its definitely worth it, the house looks nice, but I am exhausted.
It was also the last day of school for Evan and me last week. We have summer camps this week and next week, but school is officially over. We all had spring fever so it is nice to be done, but I will miss my class and Evan will miss his teachers. We had a nice picnic and Evan had a blast.
Gabi's shoulder is doing great. We go back for more xrays next Friday (6/13). At which time they could clear her to take off the sling. At this point it is mostly for show because we are always reminding her to keep her hand inside and not use her arm. As it feels better she is using it more and more because it is her right hand and she forgets not too.
Summer had officially begun as the water sprinkler is out and I think Andy is going to turn out to be a fish just like the other two.
No comments:
Post a Comment