Friday, June 6, 2008

The world's worst carnival

Every Spring and fall they set up a carnival basically in our backyard. Its at the park behind our house. I thought the one in the fall was sad, but Gabi had fun because her friends from school were all there. Last night Chad was at church, and I was going to take the kids for a walk anyway, so I said we would go see what they had. Gabi and Evan were so excited on the way there. They ran ahead of Andy and me. They were so cute, in their own world talking to each other about the rides. I had to sneak this picture before they realized I was watching them!


At the world's worst carnival there were literally 5 total rides. One was broken and only for older kids so really only 4. But the ride passes were only $10 and Gabi's friend from school (Owen) and his sister who is Evan's age were there so I let them ride.


Another plus was the rides were so lame they wouldn't hurt Gabi's arm. The kids had a blast. Any place where you can run around with a friend and ride on a really tall slide is entertaining in kid world. Evan went so fast on the slide he flew into the air a couple times.


As we were leaving I felt guilty and asked the guy if Andy could ride the train. We were the only people there! He said yes and Andy waved to him every time around.



This was the 4th ride which they only tried once. Evan was so bored he almost fell asleep.

No comments: