My biggest boy is now 5. Doesn't that sound so old? He had a great birthday. Although he is very confused because his five year old brain can't wrap itself around the idea that his birthday and his party are on separate days. We are having a few friends for a party at Monkey Joe's tomorrow. This is the best part of a birthday in Evan's mind. But we couldn't fit it in our schedule on his actual birthday. Every present Evan opened he said "this was just what I wanted!" It was very cute. More pictures to come after his party, but for now click here to see his slide show.
Chad and I reminisced about the night before Evan was born. Hugging Gabi tight because it was the last night that she would be our "baby" (at only 17 months old). Preparing to wake up early for the induction the next morning. My water breaking in bed and making this horrendous waterfall noise as all the liquid rolled down the mattress onto the floor. Chad then getting to do the crazy daddy driving 90 mph to the hospital thing. 5 hours later we were ready to push. Only Evan didn't think he would fit so his heart rate dropped every time. The announcement that we were going for a C section. The crazyness surrounding us for 10 minutes as everyone prepared for and performed the surgery. And then that quick he was out. And we had our first son! What incredible memories. That mommy's boy and his dimples have held a very special place in my heart ever since!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Evan.
What a great blog. I totally remember the night before Ryan was born. I think I shed a couple tears because it was Chris's last night as an only child!
Happy birthday to Evan :-) I have been doing several double takes and many other "I can't believe it" reactions to our oldest boy turning 10!! in just two months. Pretty crazy. He has a pretty crazy night before Christmas story, too (in that he was born on Christmas Day...) :-) Those are awesome memories to be sure. Guess, even as they get older and move on to their own lives and families, we do always have those fun memories :-) We have a while with them still though :-)
Post a Comment