Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me Monday

One of the blogs I follow has started this tradition of "Not me Mondays". This is a time when you as a mom can confess to all of the things that did "Not" happen to you this week. So this is my first time participating. Just click on the button to the right to go to her blog.

I did not wait until Andy's actual birthday to buy his presents and groceries for dinner.

I did not leave the house for Evan's football at 8:30 am and then go straight to Gabi's soccer. Then go to Walmart and Target and the grocery store and not get home on my baby's birthday until 5:15.

My guests for dinner were not already at my house when I got home.

I did not let my friend carry in all my groceries while I was busy saying hello to the birthday boy.

I did not forget to buy tape and wrapping paper.

I did not then wrap his presents in Christmas paper turned over to the white side and blue painters tape.

I most certainly did not give him a store bought cupcake for his birthday cake and then forget to buy the ice cream.

I did not make everyone stop singing "Happy Birthday" 5 separate times because I couldn't get the candles lit or the camera working.

I did not forget to charge the batteries for the camera and have to run around the house to find new AA's during of these "wait don't sing yet" moments.

Nope not me. I am very organized and my son's second birthday was a peaceful and wonderful day!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Good idea on the wrapping paper - that is just being economical! Who says you have to use XMAS wrapping only in December!

Great post!

OMa said...

Positive Thought for your Monday posting

Have patience with all things, but first with yourself. Never confuse your mistakes with your value as a human being. You're a perfectly valuable, creative, worthwhile person simply because you exist.

Have a good day.

Love,
OMa

Kati said...

Thanks everybody!