Sunday, February 8, 2009
No More Pacis
So the kids all had their 6 month dental checkup on Thursday. I have always had a child who still took a paci since we started going to the pediatric dentist. They always lecture me on how I have to take them away. For both the big kids we took their pacis away on their 3rd birthday. This week I relayed the lecture to Chad and he decided we should go ahead and take Andy's now. I was not ready. I already got rid of my baby's bottles, then crib, then diapers. If I take this away too, he is truly no longer my baby. My last baby. So I told him he could do it and I wouldn't give in, but I was sending the crying baby to him every time. We started Thursday night. He slept through the night. Friday was rough, he was grouchy all day and didn't get a nap because I had a meeting. He slept all night again Friday night. Saturday he was again very grouchy, he fell asleep during Gabi's basketball game and then wouldn't nap when we got home. He pooped in his pants twice, and he hasn't had a poop accident since November. Last night he fell asleep at 7 and was awake for the day at 5:26. Today will be the first attempt at a nap without the paci. I can't prove the grouchiness or the accidents are because of the paci. So I guess I am taking it worse than him. We all have to let our babies grow up right?! But do you remember these days. They have always been my favorite!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are all such great pictures! We got lucky with the paci's in our house. Chris gave his up without a problem and Ryan wasn't interested in them after a few months.
I have to say that Andy is growing up much faster then Ryan. Ryan is still my baby!
By the way...we always called them paci's too. I think we are two of the few families that call them paci's instead of binky's.
I Know! Where did binky come from anyway?
I'm so jealous of the paci and blanky security your kids have. Both my kids gave up their paci's as soon as they started to teethe -the exact time you want them to take it the most. Parker did better than Peyton with it, but no longer wants it. I was just thinking how he has no security thing like Peyton has with his "Lambie". I love those moments of snuggling with their "lovie" and or paci.
Post a Comment