Thursday, February 4, 2010

Report Cards (Take Two)

I tried to post this yesterday. I had inserted an excerpt from each child's report card and apparently that really ticked off Blogger. So this time I will just type it all out.

Evan got his first report card yesterday. The school has gone green so we don't get physical report cards online. We have to check the online grading service they use. On that site we can check grades, attendance, missing homework assignments, what they ate for lunch, etc... So I checked the grades online. We always take the kids out for dinner for good report cards. Since we have been busy this week, they don't know that their report cards came out yet. I will tell them tomorrow. Evan's was great. He scored a PR in every category. PR=proficient. His comments were "thoughtful and considerate". He is currently being tested for the gifted program. He scored high enough on the IQ test and is waiting to meet with the district psychologist for further evaluation. He seems to be behaving and staying on task at school and i am proud of him. I know he loves it there and wishes he could stay all day like Gabi.

Gabi also had a nice report. She scored all 3's. 3= meets requirements. Her teacher seems to be a tough grader. I don't think she hands out many 4's (exceeds requirements). Gabi loves school and her teachers. Her comments were "courteous and cooperative". She has taken up my love of reading. She is often found reading well after bed time and then again at the crack of dawn. She is currently rereading the Judy Blume books. I remember reading these and it is fun when she tells me about them.

No comments: