Sunday, April 18, 2010

Car conversattions

Last week I had the chance to have each boy alone in the van at some point. These were snippets of our conversations:

Andy: Mommy, why is it raining?
Me: I don't know, maybe God thought the trees were thirsty.
Andy: No, its because squirrels eat coconuts.
Me: Squirrels eat coconuts?
Andy: Yeah, squirrels eat coconuts way up high in the trees. But lizards don't eat coconuts.
Me: Lizards don't eat coconuts huh?
Andy: Nope, lizards hate coconuts. Scooby and Shaggy don't eat lizards, but they LOVE coconuts!!!!!
Me: (just shaking my head and laughing)

Evan: Does your heart hurt when someone you love gets killed?
Me: I am sure it does, but I have been fortunate and nobody I love has been killed.
Evan: Well my heart hurts so someone I know must have been killed. I will figure out who it was in about a month, or maybe 10 years.

No comments: