We have been really busy this spring. Mondays are lego club for Evan and softball for Daddy. Tuesdays are baseball for Evan. Wednesdays are softball for Gabi. Thursdays are basketball for me and Bible study for the whole family. Fridays we are off. Saturdays both kids have games. Sundays I have soccer.
The kids are having a good time with baseball. They are both hitting the ball well. They watch the pitch and make good contact, but they are just meeting the ball with the bat. They need to work on swinging hard. In the field they are both struggling with paying attention thru the down times. Each child is given up to 6 pitches before they pull out the Tee. So sometimes there is a lot of lag time between hits. And lets face it, at this age unless you are playing pitcher or second base chances are you will go most of the game without seeing the ball. When the ball does come their way, if they are paying attention, they usually do a good job of scooping it up. Last week Evan earned the game ball.

Each child gets one at some point during the season, but the coaches try to pick a kid each week who had a good game. Evan had two hits that went over the pitchers head. He also played second and recorded two outs. He beat the runner to second once and caught the ball tossed to him from short stop once.
Andy continues to amuse us with all of his antics.

My coworkers often say I should write a book about him. His latest was the other night he woke up screaming in his bed. This was very strange and I went down to get him. I couldn't calm him down so I brought him into bed with me and was hugging him tight. Knox, being the protector of the family, was trying to get in between us to see why Andy was screaming. When he finally calmed down enough to tell me what the problem was he said "Mommy I was so worried about you!"

Molly girl is home and as healthy as ever. She is back to her normal routine of laying around all day and begging for popcorn.

Evan started his gifted classes. He is loving it. They are currently studying China. They chose which dragon they would be and he chose the fire dragon because it protects people and he "is going to be in the Air Force and protect all nations."
For Mother's day Gabi asked what I needed. I told her I would like a pantry and had to explain that it would be an extra cabinet to put all of their snacks and chips in.
So she decided to make me one. She glued wooden knobs to two boxes she found that had lids that opened up. Then she labeled the boxes "chips" and "snacks".



Our strawberries are doing great. We have already harvested three big bowls full. The kids are eating them like candy.

We were approached by a paving company that was in the neighborhood and asked if we wanted to pave the driveway while his equipment was here. They would do it the same day and gave us a quote that was about half what we had been told it would cost. So we did it. This was very exciting. It gives the kids a place to play and gets rid of the huge headache the gravel had been on the hill. Plus shoveling will be so much easier!!! The kids have scootered and/or ridden bikes everyday for hours on end.

Taylor and Tory went to prom last weekend. I know they aren't my kids but how could I pass up the opportunity to post this picture. Isn't she beautiful!!!! I don't have one of the two of them in my possession to post.
No comments:
Post a Comment