Friday, July 23, 2010

Vacation Part 2 - Family


For the first time in three years, my parents had all of their children and granchildren together in one place. It had been way too long. We always have a great time when we are together. I love my siblings and their children so much. We were only all together for a couple days, but we made the most of it.
The kids spent an afternoon at the pool. Tory and his friend Bobby were throwing Andy about 20 feet up into the air and catching him in the water. They also tried to see how many people they could get up on Bobby's shoulders. I think it went Bobby, Tory, Evan, Andy. Of course there was suntanning to be done by the teens and twenty somethings! And what trip would be complete without Andy sleeping somewhere strange. Like under a towel at the pool.


We were able to celebrate Uncle Scott's 40th birthday and Tory and Taylor's 17th birthday at a local mexican restaurant.
We had fun with sparklers and went to see some fire works. I had a scary moment at the fireworks. We were all about to cross a major four lane road to find a place to sit. I said somebody needed to push the button on the traffic light so we could cross. Gabi ran ahead to push it and must have thought you can immediately cross. So she bolted for the road. I screamed her name, and thank goodness she is the child who obeys, she stopped in the road but right on the edge. Right as a car went by at about 55 mph. I had a mild heart attack.
We had to fix some hurt feelings. And some real boo boos. The teenage boys slept in the garage apartment. Of course Evan had to go sleep with them. And hang out with them. And follow their every move. And not wear a shirt like them. And wrestle like them. They nicknamed the place "the fight house". They would go down there and fight and wrestle and do whatever it is boys do. My boys LOVED being included and hanging with the guys!!!! I am so thankful that my nephews and their friends are sweet enough to fight with them!
We had a girly shopping trip. And Gabi wanted the girls in the mall to curl her hair again. Once again I didn't feel the need to buy the $85 curling iron. But it is cool!
We of course had to pose for pictures!
After everyone else cleared out, my kids had more fun at Nanni and Pops house. Gabi brought her cookbooks and cooked dinner and dessert. This night she made mini apple pies. And her brothers helped.
Then we left NC and headed to Tennessee for my cousin Holly's wedding. The kids were all dressed up.
And Holly was beautiful.
After a long time away the kids were having major kitty withdrawal. Especially Evan. And it appears that Knox missed him too.

No comments: