Not sure when I became the world's worst blogger. I missed a lot of kind of big events around here. For example, we moved. Crazy backwards messed up kinda moved. We moved into our new house before we put our old one on the market. In a whirlwind decision we moved ourselves, painted and fixed up the old house and had it on the market within 21 days. Crazy. Don't want to/ Won't ever move again!!!!!!!!! In good news we were able to sell the old house in less than one month. Early in April we will close on both houses. We only moved a few minutes down the road. However we did cross the school district lines. So the big kids started at a new school in February. Complete with school bus. This is the one sad lone picture of them getting on a school bus for the first time. I didn't want to get too close and embarrass them on their first day. They have made an incredible transition. They run out the door for the school bus 13 minutes early every morning. Meeting up with new friends and walking to the bus stop together. I had a brief conference with both of their teachers last week to go over some paper work. They both reported that the kids were making friends and seemed to be enjoying school. They have all made many friends in the neighborhood. Now our house is either empty because everyone is out playing. OR very full because they all have a multitude of children over. Last Friday we had 10 kids in the house for dinner. Gabi of course made cupcakes, just because it's fun. One neighbor stopped by and after walking in asked if we were having a birthday party. :-) Nope. That's just how we roll.
Basketball wrapped up in February as well. Both kids had fun this
season. Gabi improved tremendously. She went from very timid and too
weak to hit the basket from the foul line, to a rebounding machine who
hit a free throw in the last 3 games. Evan played well and really
worked on fundamentals like defense and setting a pick. He had some
outstanding kids on his team who did most of the scoring. But he set a
lot of important screens for them.
Valentine's Day was fun. Chad got his peanut some tie dye roses that just screamed "Gabi".
He also gave her a really nice card. I made the boys some rock star
cards. And got them each a treat. I also decorated their doors over
night with paper "conversation" hearts. I think my favorite part of
the month was when I went to change the boys sheets and found Evan's
paper hearts tucked under his pillow.

No comments:
Post a Comment