Thursday, December 6, 2007
Ice Skating
Chad's work has a holiday party for the entire company every year. Last year it was a circus. This year they rented out an ice rink for the day. Its very nice of them. Free lunch, and ice show, face painting, balloon animals, and of course open ice skating. Well... my kids had never been ice skating. Chad can't skate. I know how to skate. I am not an expert. Soooo off I went onto the ice with the kids. They fell the second they touched ice. It is very difficult to keep your balance with two children pulling you down with all their weight on either side of you. We finally managed to make it to the side of the rink. Some ice hockey players (kids) were there to help. They brought the kids cones to push. Didn't help! Evan gave up and I sent him with an ice hockey kid back to the gate to Daddy. I then took the LONG lap around the rink with Gabi. She tried, but she hates to fail and was very discouraged that it was so hard. When I finally made it back to the gate, I climbed out vowing never to do that again!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! Chris is actually giving up his sports class to take ice skating lessons. I am a little nervous because he keeps bringing hockey pucks down from his bedroom. I hope he knows he is not going to hockey practice!
Post a Comment