So tonight we made the switch. The bed went in. The crib came out. The changing table came out. Along with the changing table went the bibs, the baby wash cloths, the baby sheets and the part that made me cry... His Blankey-Paci. The little versions of his blankey with the attached pacifier on a string that he traveled everywhere with him for the first 18 months of his life. Then little by little he didn't need them anymore. I can't tell you when we stopped packing them. I hadn't really thought about it until today when I packed them away. After trying to smell the baby smell on them only to realize I had washed them since they were last used. More tears. Its strange how you can love everything about the big boys they have become and still miss the babies they were.
Two is my favorite age. I must be insane because it is definitely the hardest. Potty training, temper tantrums, constantly trying to be a big kid and making messes cause he isn't. But I love the look of pure joy that comes across his face so many times throughout the day. I love the new words he udders almost hourly. I love when he masters one of those big kid things he is trying so hard to do. I love his kisses. I love his loves(hugs) that cling so tight.
I think that is why I get weepy about the baby stuff going away. Its not that I want him to be a baby again. It is just that it makes me face the fact that time goes by so quickly as a mom. And soon I will be packing away all of his toddler belongings. And that makes me sad...really sad!
Getting ready for bed.
Later at night actually sleeping. (Its really dark, I just used my flash)
5 comments:
I cried when I had to pack all of Chris's 0-3 month clothes away when he was 3 months old!!! We have gotten rid of most of Ryan/Chris's old clothes but still have the blankets and things that have memories for me. I will probably cry my eyes out when I finally get the heart to give that stuff away!
I can't believe Andy is in a big boy bed! Go Andy! I think Ryan is going to be in his crib until he is about 6! If he could get out of his crib he would and would not take naps or go to bed. As it is now I don't even say it is nap time and he starts screaming "no nap."
By the way...I think I could pass of the first photo of Andy as Ryan! It is amazing that from a side view they still resemble each other!
Just a few weeks ago we said the same thing about leaving Andy in his crib. Then he slept in a real bed at Thanksgiving and I guess he liked the freedom because it motivated him to get out when we got home.
~Gabi and Evan still think Ryan IS Andy when I am looking at your blog!
Sweet post, Kati!
It's so great that you are putting all of this in "paper" because in a few years it will all be a blurr.
It's so hard not to get emotional when they "graduate" to the next phase of their lives. Congratulations to Andy on his latest accomplishemnt!
I'm sitting at my desk with tears rolling down my face...so sweet and sad all at the same time. I'm having lots of these moments myself lately. Time is going way too fast. Aunt Kristi
Post a Comment