Monday, March 29, 2010

Failed experiment

Andy has always been an early riser. A little too early for our taste. He is usually awake by 6:00. Sometimes as early as 5:00. We had tried many times putting him to bed later, but that never changes his wake up time and only makes him miserable.
So I decided to try cutting out his nap. I thought I would give it a few weeks to kick in and actually change his sleep patterns. Let's just say this little experiment failed. The boy can not make it from his early morning wake up until a normal bedtime without falling asleep. At some point he will just fall asleep somewhere. Anywhere! He could not make it through dinner and would just go to bed. He was not eating dinner at all. After three weeks he was still waking up just as early. So I gave up and started putting him down for naps again.

1 comment:

OMa said...

Bless his heart. Hard to believe but as a shorter child his Dad would also get up every morning at 6:00 am. Obviously Dad grew out of it and so will Andy. :-)

Hugs to all~OMa