Whew! That was a long winter. I think the reason everyone around here feels like this was such a long winter was the amount of snow we got. (I know, DUH!) But what I mean is starting in December we had the big snow storm and then the two more huge snow storms. So the snow never went away from December thru the end of February which is so strange. So normally, even though it is still winter we will get a random decent 40 degree day and be able to go to the park or for a nice walk. But because the snow was always there we couldn't even get out on the nice days we did have. So now finally March is here and the snow melted and the sun is out. I have never seen so many smiling faces. Everywhere you look people are out on the streets and at the parks and loving every minute of it. We have met many new people just walking home from school. So in the two weeks since the warm weather has arrived we have been to four different playgrounds. We have walked home from school almost every day. We have ridden bikes and scooters galore. Yes I say "WE". I am the strange mom who rides a razor scooter to Gabi's school in the afternoon. Evan is on his scooter and Andy rides his bike. I have to bring Gabi her scooter. So I can walk and carry it which is very slow compared to my boys. Or I can ride along with them. I think the funnier sight though is probably us on the way home from school. The kids are all riding and I am chasing behind them with Gabi's backpack on my back. You can only run so fast with a backpack bouncing up and down behind you! This is my favorite time of year. I would love a climate that ranged from 60-80 degrees all year!
No comments:
Post a Comment