Tuesday, March 2, 2010

There will be a day when

...miniature plastic members of the Superhero Squad will not guard my headboard.

...I won't find empty boxes of crackers on the table on a daily basis.

...I will be able to pee in private.

...I will be able to get more than 5 hours of sleep in a row.

...one load of laundry a day will be enough.

...I will be able to walk across the floor without stepping on Legos.

...I won't have to sing ABC's and The Appleseed five times each at about 8:15 at night.

...I won't have to lock the fridge at night to keep out the milk thief.

...my TV remote will be where I last left it.

...my number one grocery priority will not be Fruity Pebbles.

...my purse won't contain 3 Ben 10 crayons, 2 Bakugans, 4 lego mans, 1 Batman, 1 Joker, 6 hair clips and baby wipes.

...my car won't be covered in goldfish crumbs even when I vacuum it once a week.

...my toilets will always be flushed.

...I won't need a password to use On Demand.

...on snowy days my phone won't ring at 5:30 AM.

...I won't know all the words to every Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus song.

...I won't have to roam the house on a Blankey hunt at 8:00.

... I won't hear, "it wasn't me. I didn't do it. I wasn't even there. It must have been..."

...my gum will be safe.

...my night time reading won't include anything about a tractor.

...my cell phone memory won't be full because it contains 10 full length cartoons.

...I won't have to pick anyone up at 3:40.

...the only teeth I brush at night will belong to me.

...I won't have a third pillow in my bed in case of overnight guests.

...the first words I hear in the morning won't be "Mommy get up the sun is shining!"

...there won't be green crayon stripes on my walls.

...the only hair I brush in the morning will be mine.

...I won't be able to kiss the tops of my boys' heads.

...my son won't ask me to sleep with him, "just one sleep".

...my daughter won't ask for a second kiss goodnight, "because her drink of water washed the first one off".

...I won't turn the corner into my bedroom at midnight and see Curious George sleeping on my pillow and a familiar looking lump under the covers.

That will be such a sad day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jenn B said...

That will be such a sad day. I'm not ready for that day just yet. I'm not sure I'll be ready for that day when I realize it's actually arrived. *sniff*

OMa said...

There will be a day when...you will have grandchildren and that is the best time of life and you get to do it all over again. :-)