The big kids had their dance party at school last week. Chad and I usually take turns fighting over who has to go to this event and who gets to stay home. It's not one of those mommy memoy making moments. The music is loud and obnoxious and the kids are hyper and usually spend more time running around in the hall way than actually dancing. This year I drew the super short straw. Chad had other plans so I got to take all three kids. Fun Fun!
As much as we dread this night, the kids LOVE it. They were so excited after school. Talking about changing clothes and getting ready as soon as we got home. Gabi got all dressed up and put on a little make up. I don't normally allow my 8 year old to wear make up. But when she is all dressed up and going somewhere special I indulge her.
Evan informed me he needed to look cool and his outfit for school just wasn't cutting it. So he also changed into something he was sure his friends would approve of.
Once we got there Gabi of course enjoyed the music and dancing and did her own thing. I love the video of her dancing. It makes me feel so guilty that I never paid for her to have any dance lessons. She is such a free spirit!
Evan was just being a boy. Running around. Getting into trouble for running around. Repeat.
I thought Andy would have a great time, but it was late on Friday night. He was beat and just wanted to hang out with me.
In the end definitely glad I took them, but also glad next year it will not be my turn. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment