Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sledding


While in NY for Christmas the kids got to go sledding. There is a great hill for them right outside Oma and Opa's neighborhood. They asked to go there everyday.



I think Evan did go each day. I really enjoyed watching him sled. He had his big boy attitude on. He never once asked for help or complained of being cold (and one day the wind chill was close to zero). He just went down and climbed back up over and over until I told him it was time to go. He was even very helpful when Andy was there. He held the sled for him on the way back up and went down with him whenever he asked. I could not get over how grown up he seemed.


Gabi was a little under the weather and was not allowed to go the first day. Then she went on an over night girlie stay with Aunt Kristi and Taylor and missed two more days, so she only went one time.


Andy is not a big fan of cold or coats. So I could only convince him to go once. But he loved it while he was there. He had no fear and wanted to do the ramp like his big brother. I am sure he would have been fine. But I feared the other parents would turn me in for letting my four year old try. I did let him go down on his "tummy tummy". I had a little trouble with this. Thinking anyone who still says "tummy tummy" probably should not go head first down a steep hill of ice. But it is Andy we are talking about. Dare devil number 1!

No comments: