Monday, August 29, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year




So I was singing that this morning and the funny thing is, instead of getting offended, my social butterflies were singing right along with me! They LOVE school. Which is great.

Gabi started fourth grade. She was chosen for safety this year. Look out world Gabi is in charge. She is excited to be joining Evan in the gifted program this year. Her paperwork has not all been filed yet but she passed the testing over the summer. She is most excited about being back with all her friends and she really likes her teacher.

Evan is starting 2nd grade. He is also glad to be able to see all his friends again. He will be literally seeing ALL his friends. The school has cut back to one classroom for 2nd grade. At least 6 students are being bused to the next school. Tough year for our little school. Evan will have 28 in his class.

After the first day they were all smiles and can't wait to go back. One thing I have to say, is while I am so excited for them to be back in school and on a regular schedule, I HATE PACKING LUNCHES! There now that I got that out I feel much better.





A blast from the past

No comments: