We have been busy in August. Trying to have as much fun as we can before school starts again. One more week! Wow. And lots of friends have already started around the country. When we got back from the shore I got a couple more birthday surprises. My friends took me out to dinner which was great. Then ordered the ice cream cake for dessert. Joy was a little embarrassed by the size of it when it came out! ;-)
My family got me this great fire pit. We had a lot of fun with our first bon fire. Come on over for smores next time weA) don't have football and cheer
B) it's not storming in the evening.
The big kids had a play date with some friends so I got some one on one time with my special little boy. He always tells me we are best friends. And I love every minute of it! Can you see the little scratch on the side of his nostril? By the next morning that was full blown Impetigo. Had to go the Dr. and he still has little spots all over his face. Poor kid.
Some nice friends let us in the YMCA with a guest pass for the day. The kids passed the swim test and got to go on all the water slides all day. Even this guy!
He skipped and fist pumped and "WOO HOO" ed all the way to the slide. So CUTE!
Andy still had a gift card for Chuck E Cheese from Christmas. Shows how much I enjoy taking them there huh?!? So on one stormy afternoon I took them and two of the boys' friends.
It's official, football and cheer season have begun. I love these sports for the kids. And they love it too. But four nights a week from 6-8 is tough on family life. Still trying to work out dinners and such and school hasn't even started. This is Evan the first day in full pads. He was nervous and uncomfortable.
Half way through practice he came to me crying and saying he was homesick and just wanted to go home. Everything hurt and he was tired and sweaty. I told him he was doing a great job and just to give it a chance. Can you find him in the crowd? One of these boys is not like the others. One of them is about a helmet taller.
The big kids had a play date with some friends so I got some one on one time with my special little boy. He always tells me we are best friends. And I love every minute of it! Can you see the little scratch on the side of his nostril? By the next morning that was full blown Impetigo. Had to go the Dr. and he still has little spots all over his face. Poor kid.
Some nice friends let us in the YMCA with a guest pass for the day. The kids passed the swim test and got to go on all the water slides all day. Even this guy!
He skipped and fist pumped and "WOO HOO" ed all the way to the slide. So CUTE!
Andy still had a gift card for Chuck E Cheese from Christmas. Shows how much I enjoy taking them there huh?!? So on one stormy afternoon I took them and two of the boys' friends.
It's official, football and cheer season have begun. I love these sports for the kids. And they love it too. But four nights a week from 6-8 is tough on family life. Still trying to work out dinners and such and school hasn't even started. This is Evan the first day in full pads. He was nervous and uncomfortable.
Half way through practice he came to me crying and saying he was homesick and just wanted to go home. Everything hurt and he was tired and sweaty. I told him he was doing a great job and just to give it a chance. Can you find him in the crowd? One of these boys is not like the others. One of them is about a helmet taller.
This is Evan after that first practice. So proud of what he accomplished and he had a great time!
I didn't get pictures of Gabi's first week of cheer. Too nervous to leave my boy. But this is the dance they learned at cheer camp last week.
Gotta go. One more week!

No comments:
Post a Comment