Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Feasting in Heaven


I have been so busy lately. It is the busiest time of year to teach preschool and be a mommy at the same time. There are so many holiday commitments. For example this week we have three classroom Feasts!


The boys have feasted for the last two days. It was great. At our school we do it pot luck style. Every family is asked to bring a dish. The kids make the decorations and the snacks. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, everyone is invited. It really does turn out nice. AND Yummy!


Gabi has her feast on Friday. I am not sure how that works. Parents are invited I believe it said to "observe". We have not been asked to provide anything. Which is a shame because I was going to steal an idea from one of the other teachers at school. Her daughter is in my class and today she brought in Pilgrim hat cookies. It is an upside down fudgeswirl cookie with a chocolate dipped marshmallow on top. Then a square buckle made with one of those gel icing pens. SO cute!


After the feast Evan and I were talking on the long walk to the car. (our church is under construction and we have to park far away) He has been very worried about death lately. He told me the other day that "31 is very close to 100 and you will die soon." As we walked he brought up the subject of heaven and I decided to try to calm some of his fears by assuring him that we will be in heaven together when we die. So this led to more questions about heaven like "How does God keep us in the sky without falling down" Then he said "what do we eat in heaven" I answered "we don't have to eat because God says we won't be hungry anymore" He said "angels don't get hungry" "Well, I don't know about those angels, but I am going to be starving in Heaven. I hope God brings some food when I get there!"

3 comments:

OMa said...

Evan is a wonder and never ceases to amaze me. We really need to make a book of all of the Evanisms.

Anonymous said...

Chris is really worried about dying. He actually told me the other day that he didn't want to go to heaven because he didn't want to die.

Previously, he has asked me what happens when he is finishes 12th grade and I told him all about college. He then told me that he wasn't going to college because he didn't want to leave me. I think really his fear is simply is being away from his mommy.

Anyhow, I find it funny that all kids are so different but they are also the same!

Kati said...

That is so funny about college. Gabi went thru that a couple years ago. She would cry every night at bedtime because she didn't want to go to college.