Monday, November 3, 2008

The Votes Are In


Evan's class voted today. His teacher showed me the results were Obama:10 and McCain:3. She said most of the kids voted for "The Rock Obama". We were driving later this afternoon and I said so Evan who did you vote for today. To which he replied "Alabama"! I almost drove off the road. "mommy, ten voted for Alabama and only 3 voted for the other guy." Take note that Daddy's favorite football team is Alabama. And they rose to number one in the polls today. And Evan wore his "Bama" jersey to school today in celebration.

His teacher also told me that the Scholastic Reader does a poll of children every election year and for as long as they have been doing it the results from the kid poll have picked the right winner. This year the kid winner was Obama. We figure its a mix between actually hearing who their parents are voting for and picking the one with the most dynamic TV commercials. Which in the end both would determine the winner.

My assistant at school was telling me that she usually turns on Fox news or some news channel when she gets home to see what is going on in politics for the day. The other day her four year old daughter says "Mommy I hate Sarah Palin" To which she asked "why?", thinking she would hear some 4 year old politics. Her daughter replied "because I want cartoons!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was about to leave a comment about how funny Evan is....first though I decided to ask Chris who I should vote for today. He said "Obama." When I asked him why he said "Because I like him. Plus it's a state."

Anonymous said...

That was too funny. Also good to know it isn't just my kid. Tori asked us one morning who we were voting for, "The Rock" or "John".