Saturday, November 1, 2008
Halloween Week
So Chad asked me if Halloween was a week long event when we were kids. I seem to remember dressing up for school and then going trick or treating when we got home. Keeping in mind that I am a teacher, I had a total of 5 classroom parties this week. We went to two town halloween parades. We went to the blow out that the dentist throws every year. And then finally ended the week with trick or treating.
The classroom parties were fun. Andy hates being zipped or buttoned into anything so he was miserable at the thought of dressing in a costume. By Halloween night I had almost given up on costumes. Then I decided he could be a Phillies player. Since they just won the world series, at almost every house people said "Go Phillies! You get double candy!" Evan's class sang a fun song called "looking for Dracula". I accidently cut off the first part of the movie and then he stops doing the motions at the end because he gets "scared of the haunted house part!".
I got to go in to help with Gabi's class for the first time ever. In preschool Andy was a newborn and I have no family to leave Evan with. Then in Kindergarten I was working while she was at school. Since this was an afternoon party I got a babysitter for the boys (thanks Becky!) and I was lucky enough to be one of the 3 moms picked. She was so excited! I was so proud of myself hurrying home from work, picking up warm soft pretzels for the party and arriving early, until Gabi got dressed up and I realized I forgot my camera. I have pictures I took with my phone, but I don't know how to get them off.
My favorite part was the parades. The big kids love to grab the candy. Daddy loves the marching bands. Andy was mesmorized by the whole thing. At our first parade, the first candy thrower set him up with a lollipop. He opened it up, sat on the curb and watched and licked for the rest of the parade. It didn't matter how much candy landed at his feet, he already had a lollipop! The next night, he got the hang of it about half way thru and started fighting past the big kids to grab the candy.
Trick or treating was the kids favorite part. We went with three neighbor kids and had a blast. Andy was so funny with his candy bag. After each house he would say "Mama my bag" and give it to me. Then 3-5 steps later we would be at the next house and he would start to take off for the door and then stop and proclaim "MY BAG!" and run back and get it. I had given him a little bag and was carrying an over the shoulder bag to dump candy in so the kids wouldn't get tired of carrying their loot. When Andy's got half way full I would dump it in. About the second or third time I dumped it, he wouldn't let me carry it anymore. My neighbor had to carry it. Then she dumped it in and he gave it to the other neighbor. Evan was tired after an hour. (That poor boy and his legs. They just grow too fast and he struggles when walking too far) So I called Chad to come pick him up. Daddy showed up and Andy was all about riding in "Dada's car". When Opa asked him how trick or treating was he said "Dada's car!!!". That I guess was the best part for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Funny...I said the same thing about Halloween lasting a week. There are just so many events around town.
A McNabb jersey and a Phillies shirt on Andy!?!?!?!? Love it but I didn't think you were Philly fans. Now he just needs a Flyers shirt!
We love the Phillies and Eagles. But Chad is a huge Sabres fan so the flyers stuff doesn't make it in the house. He is also a Yankee and Redskins fan, but we don't let him win those battles!
Post a Comment