

Here is the thing about Evan birthdays. He is so grown up looking and in many ways acting, that we forget even as his parents how young he really is. So when he has a birthday, instead of "I can't believe he is turning six already", it is more like "he is finally six". People who meet him think he is 8-10. So while I don't want to wish his childhood away, it simply doesn't come as a surprise that my big man is six. So what is Evan like at six years old? He is four foot 3 inches tall and weighs 65 pounds. He has lost seven teeth and has four permanent teeth and two more poking through. He is reading on a second to third grade level. He is currently reading "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" all on his own. His favorite books are nonfiction and he astounds us with the words he can read in these books. He has mastered the basic doubles addition facts and is working on the rest of 1-10 addition. He loves video games of all kinds and is very good at them. I say he is going to be a preacher man. He is known to walk up to me and say "Mommy I love you 1000, but I love God 5000, because he is the Lord and we are supposed to love him the most". His favorite outdoor activity is wrestling on the trampoline. This would be where you pretend its WWF and throw your little brother around the ring. His best move is jump kicking his brother in the chest to knock him down. Unfortunately Andy thinks this is hilarious and that just encourages him.
Evan had a very busy birthday. He took "real, the big kind" donuts to school. Then I picked him up and we went to the after school program I teach at my school. We took soft pretzels to that. Then we picked up Gabi at school and met our friends to drive to Camden for "Creep In the Deep" at the aquarium. Our friends are members and invited us to the free members only night. The kids had a really good time there. They were a few spots where they could trick or treat. They touched the sharks and starfish. They decorated a pumpkin. We went to a 4D Pirate movie that was about ten minutes long. 4D means 3D plus they squirt you with water and blow wind and stuff. And of course they looked at all the fish. All in all a fun excuse to wear costumes!
No comments:
Post a Comment