Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where did my baby go?


Did you ever have that moment in time when you knew your baby was no longer actually a baby? Andy has been saying and doing things the last few weeks that indicate he is in fact turning 3 this month and will no longer be a baby.

You know like pushing the pretend button on his bicycle to shoot his brother with "bullet bobs". Which is a whole other story in itself of how there is too much nintendo in the house when bullets start being called bullet Bobs.

Or the night a couple weeks ago when he went to sleep without George and never noticed.

Or when he wouldn't kiss me and I pretended to cry (which used to make him cry) and he said "oh Mommy cut it out"

But tonight I knew. Tonight he assured me he is no longer a baby. We were walking from the parking lot to football. We have to cross the road to get there. I was telling him he has to wait and hold hands to cross the road. He said "no I don't" I said "oh yes you do" He said "YOU won't hold my hand" then he saw the look on my face and said "I will hold your hand. You will not hold my hand. I will hold your hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There you go. My three year old talking back and demanding control.

Oh and while we are talking about him do you want to know how to spell his name? "D-Y Andy!" He will repeat after me the A-N but will never say it when asked to spell his name. And if you ask him how old he is, he is still "seven and a half"!

No comments: