Monday, October 19, 2009

My baby... ahem... My youngest son... is 3!


Age 1
Age 2
Age 3


Andy's birthday was yesterday. It is so fun to remember the day your children were born. I spent the morning saying things like.."arrived at hospital". "took anti nausea medicine" "going back for surgery now". "Its a boy!... with red hair"

Andy screamed for the first two hours of his life. Blood curdling, hold his breath, turn purple kind of screams. I was still pretty out of it, but I remember my sister (after driving all the way from NY) ran into the room and picked him up and he stopped.

We had already had Andy's party so it was a pretty laid back birthday. We are busy the night of Evan's actual birthday so we told him he could pick a restaurant and we would have a birthday dinner yesterday. He chose Red Robin. Unfortunately that is 35 minutes away. So we reminded him of a diner we had been to that he loved and he was OK with going there instead. We had a great lunch. Then Pops, Chad and the kids went home to play with all the new stuff and Nanni and I went to Wegmans (again). I got to actually grocery shop this time.

When we got home, Gabi and I made cupcakes for Andy's class and for dessert that night. I fed the kids a light dinner because all the adults were still full from lunch. Then we had cupcakes and opened a couple small presents.

Andy was so cute with the candle. He could not have smiled bigger while we were singing and then he blew out the candle and said "let's do it again". Well Chad missed the blowing out of the candle so we did do it again. And he smiled just as big through the song and then blew out the candle and wanted to do it again. But we talked him out of it that time.

What is Andy like at three: He weighs 35.5 pounds and is 40 inches tall. He loves to run and I am pretty sure could run all day. He is picky about the shoes he wears. He must pick them out each day and 99% of the time will choose his Crocs (without socks, because "socks are slippery"). He still takes naps every day. I don't think he has ever made it through a day without falling asleep. Being a third child we are not always home for his nap. He will sleep in the car or on the beach or in a shopping cart or wait until we get home and just sleep on the couch. His favorite TV shows are Deigo, Scooby Doo, and Superhero Squad. My favorite saying of his is "i be there in a second... OK I coming right now" He loves to play with Legos. Not so much building as playing with the mans and assembling and disassembling them. His name is "Andy Beetz Wilson" and he is "four and a half". Telling him he is three might get you punched. I am sad to say that his Curious George phase is a thing of the past. He hates wearing jackets and only wants to wear sweatshirts. He is blonde and cute and cuddly and so smiley!


After presents the kids played with the nerf basketball hoop and then read books with Nanni and Pops and then went to bed.

A perfect birthday for a little boy who turned three, but now says he is "four and a half!"

No comments: