So the coaches took it pretty easy on the girls. Any time the ball was stolen before someone took a shot they gave it back to the offensive team for one more try. The girls were playing a lazy zone and trying to stay in front of the players more than steal the ball. Gabi did very well for her first game back. The age group is 1st and 2nd graders. So this year she is one of the older kids. With her spring birthday, when the she is the younger grade she is usually the youngest person in the group. So last year she was pretty timid and didn't touch the ball much during the games. This first game she got several rebounds and had several shots. She didn't score, but I am glad she was being aggressive. As she told Aunt Kristi "I don't know what happened. I know I turned my wrist when I shot, but the ball kept going straight up in the air and straight back down!" She played really good defense. She moved her feet and stayed in front of her player with really good form. I was really impressed. She even stole the ball a couple of times and was told not to do that. I told her that she was doing the right thing and to try to steal it the next game. I made a big production of remembering my camera and then I left it in the car. There is no parking at this place so you have to walk all the way around the school and then go in the front door and then walk all the way to the back of the school inside. So I didn't go back. These sad pictures are from my phone. I will take the camera next game!
Check out that defensive stance!
1 comment:
Yeah Gabi! You steal that ball girl and I know you will make the shot next time. Good Luck. Love you. Aunt Kristi
Post a Comment