Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nap time ( mushy post for my records!)


I love nap time! When the other two kids were little nap time was my survival time. They were so much work and I was home with them all the time. Nap time was my only reprive. They were locked in their rooms for one and half hours and I took a break.

Its different with Andy. Even though I am working now and have less time to do chores around the house, I take the time to be with him at naptime. So this is how it goes.

First he chooses my bed or his. For awhile this was actually a choice. No he always chooses my bed, but giving him the choice makes him forget that he doesn't want take a nap. Next he goes to find blankey and George. Then we walk upstairs and he turns off my light. Then we get in bed. He turns on the sound machine and picks which sound he wants. Usually water, but sometimes bugs (night time crickets). Then he chooses a color for the night light that is on it. Usually green, but sometimes blue. Then we crawl under the covers. He snuggles up next to me. I say "I love you" and he says "I love you too Mommy". Always with the Mommy at the end, melts my heart. Then he rolls around trying to get comfy for awhile. I know he is getting ready to sleep when he starts to rub the silky part of blankey. Then he always says "put your arm on me Mommy". So I pull him close and put my arm over him. Then he goes to sleep.

Instead of getting up right away I usually stay and cuddle for a few minutes, sometimes even catching a cat nap. Then I get up and go do what ever it is that needs to be done. When Andy wakes up he jumps out of bed, comes running down the stairs and I greet him with open arms. he jumps up into my arms and squeezes so tight. He always says "I waked up!" and I always say "I missed you" and he says " I missed you too Mommy" Again always with the Mommy. If I am not home or he can not find me when he gets up he gets hysterical and we have to sit and hold him for half an hour.

He is getting older and reaching the age of no naps soon. I just wanted to make sure I noted what a special time this is for me. He is such a sweet boy!

1 comment:

emily wilson said...

oh man, this is so true! i can't stand them growing up. why can't they stop?