Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The sleepover


Gabi had her first ever slumber party. She invited three girls to come on Sunday night, since we were out of school on Monday. She picked out a recipe from her cook book that she got for christmas. She also asked to rent "cloudy with a chance of meatballs".

So Sunday we shopped and got the ingredients for the "cookie creations". We also picked up the movie at Redbox. Love those things!!! Then we came home and cleaned up around the house.

Between 5:30 and 6:00 two of the girls arrived. They ended up being the only ones that came. They all ran around being silly for about an hour and then I went to get pizza. We ate the pizza and then watched the movie. After the movie it was time for dessert. The recipe was basically to put a scoop of ice cream between two cookies and then roll it in your choice of toppings. Well one of the girls didn't like chocolate chip cookies. And the other one copied everything she said or did all night. So Gabi was the only girl to make one. The others just had their ice cream in a bowl. Gabi's was cute and she rolled it in sprinkles, choc chips and chocolate syrup. Yum!
Then everybody cleaned up and got ready for bed. The boys went to sleep and the girls went in Gabi's room with her iPod. I closed the door on them at 10:00. They listened to music and played around in the room. Then after I thought they were asleep we heard a bunch of commotion at 11:30. This was apparently one of the girls chasing the cat and trying to make him sleep with her. So I checked in at midnight and two were sleeping and the other one was close. I woke up at 7:30 to many crazy kids running around the house and lots of yelling and chasing of the cat. They had made him a house out of a paper bag and were trying to make him go in it. After listening for a little while I decided to get up and save the kitty. Then I made breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, and sausage. By the time I sat down to eat it was 9:30 and the parents came to pick up the girls. I hope they had fun. I am glad Gabi was able to have some girl time!

No comments: