Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cross Country Day 16

Another day in Gillette at the RV Rally. I decided to take the kids to the pool during the morning session which is from 10-12. I thought we would have a better chance of getting in. And I hoped to then come home and put Andy to bed. We also needed to do laundry, so we packed that all up with the intention of dropping Nanni at the laundromat. We asked around the campground and nobody knew where the laundromat was. So we set out for the pool hoping we would see one. When we were almost there we passed a barber shop and asked directions. The laundromat was about two blocks back the other direction. After dropping Nan off and getting all the laundry in and started, we arrived at the pool at 10:05. It looked as though people were already in and the line was around the corner. I was about to leave when the line started to move. I quickly kicked Evan out and told him to get in line. After parking and jumping in line with Evan we moved up to the front. With two families left in front of us the doors shut and the "At Capacity" sign went up. We waited about 20 minutes and then left.

We passed the time by going to some stores we had driven by. We went back to check on Nan and she was starting to take things out of the dryers. The kids set up on the couches watching Nick and we folded. After that it was 12:30 and we headed to the new playground we had seen. the kids played here happily until I told them we needed to head back at 1:15. They were excited to come back and play with Hunter. After catching a few grasshoppers, a storm was coming so they invited him in to watch a movie. He was going to get fireworks and was returning in about 15 minutes. I started the movie and went to lay down with Andy for his nap. (I have to lay down with him whenever we put him to sleep because I don't trust him alone in the back not touching buttons) While I was laying down with him Gabi decided to go out and wait for Hunter. The dust storm came quickly and the wind was blowing hard. She almost went to the yellow brick road, but Nan got her in just in time.

After the movie we went to the rally finale dinner. They served prime rib and had a country band for entertainment. The food was good and the kids had a good time dancing. Afterwards we went to take the movie back and stopped to by some sparklers for the 4th. I was going to take them back to a park, but a new storm approached. Which was good, because by the time I got them all cleaned up and in bed in was 10. We cleaned up and packed up to get back on the road in the morning.

No comments: