Cinnamon Rolls! Yesterday Pops called up and listed off the things that were on the breakfast buffet. He included cinnamon rolls. One of my kids' favorites. When we got there the cinnamon rolls were gone. Aparently Evan complained to Nanni that he Really wanted cinnamon rolls. Well of course that wouldn't do. So this morning we skipped the rally breakfast and Nanni made cinnamon rolls. Now everything is good in the universe.
The Rally provided a kids event today next to the playground. There were four different inflatables and face painting. The kids had a good time. You could tell that our preschool was sans playground and had moonbounces though. The boys did each inflatable once and then played on the playground instead. Gabi of course made a friend. They got their faces painted and then played together on the inflatables.
I hurried the kids along before the event was done to try and make it to the pool before 1:00. Now that we know it fills up I thought we should be there early on such a beautiful day. We hurried through lunch and packed up. We weren't going to be early afterall. We made it at 1:07 and the door said the pool was at capacity and the line still wrapped around the building. I overheard that the only people who made it in were there before noon. M-F the pool closes at 4:30 and reopens from 6-8. Evan was hysterical. He was so excited to go back on the diving board and waterslide. So I set out to find something fun to do until we could go back at 6. I drove around and I think reached a new town and found a movie theater. It was showing Up and Night at the museum. The next showings were at 3. I said we could wait around. But they wanted to go back to the RV and watch a movie with the friend they had made two doors down. His family had the outside TV set up and their awning out over a nice big rug. It was like an outdoor family room. They were happy to watch with Hunter.
We returned to the pool at 6 after dropping Nan and Pops off at the rally dinner. We swam for two hours loving their new abilities. Gabi even tried a front flip. It was more of a side roll, but she was excited and I was proud she was so brave. Then she tried it again for the camera and slipped a little and ended up doing a back flop. It hurt and now she doesn't like flips anymore. We showered at the pool and I got them in bed as soon as we got back to the RV. The big kids were alseep before their heads hit the pillow.
No comments:
Post a Comment